You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
God of Broken Things (The Age of Tyranny Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 329 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.99 after you buy the Kindle book.
The best device for reading, full stop. Learn more
A wicked sense of humor and a cast of flawed but striving-for-good characters keeps this mid-series entry from getting too grimdark.
- B&N Sci Fi & Fantasy Blog
- Grimdark Magazine Cameron Johnston delivers again!... The Age of Tyranny is a series that should be on the top of everybody's pile to read.
- Dark Side Reads If you enjoy bloody, highly tactical magic battles, a slow burn demonic history reveal, and a grumpy and relatable jerk who you can't help but root for despite his flaws, God of Broken Things is your jam.
- The Fantasy Hive "The end result is that Johnston delivers a kick-in-the nuts, edgy, and dark book that excites on every level."
- New York Journal of Books PRAISE FOR THE TRAITOR GOD "An assured and complex debut novel with a main protagonist of questionable loyalty and morals that, despite yourself, you can't help but love. It's not often you come across a fresh voice and a fresh take on magic, but The Traitor God gives both. Moments of absolute horror sit cheek by jowl with humour of the blackest kind and some of the monstrous creations in this book are nauseatingly wonderful. After a slightly slow start I found it increasingly difficult to put this book down. I dearly hope we get to see more of Magus Edrin Walker in future books."
- Anna Stephens, author of Godblind
"From the frantic opening page, The Traitor God grabs you and doesn't let go. Facing Gods, monsters, and a magic elite that wants him dead, Edrin Walker's return to Setharis is a noirish romp packed with action and laced with black humour, and marks Cameron Johnston as a real name to watch in the epic fantasy genre."
- Neil Williamson, author of The Moon King
"Cameron Johnston is an exciting new voice in fantasy. His writing has a dark sense of humour and his debut is bursting with imagination and wonders. Fantastic stuff!"
- Stephen Aryan, author of the Age of Darkness trilogy
- Gavin G Smith, author of Age of Scorpio and The Bastard Legion
"Visceral and gripping fantasy, horribly and hugely enjoyable."
- Anna Smith Spark, author of The Court of Broken Knives
"The Traitor God by Cameron Johnston is part murder mystery, part detective story, and all fantasy that's full of magic, shady villains and even shadier heroes. A hugely enjoyable tale and definitely a 2018 debut to look out for. Marvellous stuff."
- Edward Cox, author of The Relic Guild Trilogy
"Classic sword & sorcery with a wickedly blood-soaked grimdark twist.
- Peter McLean, author of Priest of Bones and the Burned Man series
"Epic fantasy meets hardboiled noir, with a foul-mouthed, seen -it-all narrator you won't soon forget."
- Barnes & Noble Sci-Fi & Fantasy Blog
"I'm looking forward to seeing who and what Walker kicks in the balls in the sequel. If you enjoy clever gray characters, gritty but interesting worlds, and creepy magic, this book is for you."
- Fantasy Hive
"There's a wonderful coarseness and vivacity to the world Johnston has created, and the magic and monsters featured are as horrific as they are fascinating. The finale is truly epic, and about as thrilling as they come."
- Alan Brenik
This is a tightly written, believable world, one which will make you sit up and take notice. It's not pretty, by any means, but it'll seep off the page and into your pores. It's snappy, tautly written prose kept me turning pages until far too late in the night.
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy Reviews
- Neil Williamson, author of The Moon King --This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
About the Author
twitter.com/CamJohnston --This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
- ASIN : B07H7488J6
- Publisher : Angry Robot (11 June 2019)
- Language : English
- File size : 1209 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 329 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 61,277 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
I look forward to see what Cameron Johnston writes next with anticipation