- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group; 1 edition (12 September 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0349010706
- ISBN-13: 978-0349010700
- Product Dimensions: 19.6 x 2.2 x 12.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 222 g
- Average Customer Review: 27 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 35,070 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Glass Castle FTI Paperback – 12 Sep 2017
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
MORE THAN SEVEN YEARS ON THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER LIST
The Glass Castle is a remarkable memoir of resilience and redemption, and a revelatory look into a family at once deeply dysfunctional and uniquely vibrant. When sober, Jeannette's brilliant and charismatic father captured his children's imagination, teaching them physics, geology, and how to embrace life fearlessly. But when he drank, he was dishonest and destructive. Her mother was a free spirit who abhorred the idea of domesticity and didn't want the responsibility of raising a family.
The Walls children learned to take care of themselves. They fed, clothed and protected one another and eventually found their way to New York. Their parents followed them, choosing to be homeless even as their children prospered.
The Glass Castle is truly astonishing - a memoir permeated by the intense love of a peculiar but loyal family.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When is enough, enough?
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Theatre & Ballet > Theatre
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Journalists
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > Business & Economics > Biography & History
- Books > Humour & Entertainment
- Books > Politics, Philosophy & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Communication & Media Studies > Media & Communication Industries