John Flanagan does a really good job of writing interesting fun stories with characters you want to root for. The plots are well conceived, the descriptions and dialogue are on point, and they really are page turners.
My only criticism of this book isn't really so much of this book, but the way the death of Stig's love interest isn't mentioned at all in subsequent books. It was like he was devastated and grief-stricken, but then his friends consoled him, and now he never needs to think about it again.
An enjoyable outing with the Heron brotherband. Well worth a read, especially if you are a 12-15 year old boy who likes vikings.
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Random House Children's Publishers UK (3 November 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0440871557
- ISBN-13: 978-0440871552
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 2.5 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 240 g
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 112,472 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)