Whether you want to prepare for retirement or just make a little extra money on the side, Getting Started in Property Investing For Dummies, Australian Edition, is the perfect way to take advantage of one of the most reliable and profitable investment vehicles in history. From weighing up your investing and financing options to managing the ongoing costs of real estate and building a long-term portfolio, this handy guide gives you the practical help and smart advice you need to get started. Ideal for entry-level investors who want to add brick-and-mortar assets to their investment portfolios, this book covers where to find capital, how to finance purchases and get the best mortgage terms, how to measure the value of properties, basic landlording guidance, and more.
- Offers practical property investing guidance for first-timers
- Completely up-to-date with the latest information on the current state of Australian real estate
- Bruce Brammall writes on property investing, personal finance and tax matters for the Herald Sun, the Eureka Report and News Limited's Your Money, and is the principal advisor and mortgage broker with Castellan Financial Consulting and Castellan Lending
If you want to get started in real estate investing—as a full-time endeavor or just an addition to your current investment portfolio—Getting Started in Property Investing For Dummies, Australian Edition has you covered.
From the Back Cover
Take your first steps to property investing success
Are you an entry-level investor who wants to add property to your portfolio? Would you like to build your wealth, or prepare for retirement? This beginner's guide covers all the basics you need to get started in one of the most reliable and profitable investment vehicles property.
- Decide which property is right for you consider the differences in residential, commercial and vacant land
- Establish your financial plan learn the ins and outs of shopping for a mortgage
- Take the stress out of deciding where to invest understand value while assessing metro areas and comparing communities
- Measure your skills as a property manager find out how to advertise for tenants, sign a lease and conduct a property inspection
Open the book and find:
- Advice on financing your goals
- Tips to help you avoid hidden mortgage fees
- Help with keeping on top of ongoing costs
- Guidance on being a landlord
- Steps for building a portfolio
- Ways to increase a property's return
- Decide if property investing is the right choice for you
- Spot the best deals on financing
- Pick the right property in the right location
- Understand your obligations as a landlord