A range of fantastic ideas for organising your game code. The examples, although written in C++, are simple and readable no matter what language you primarily program in. The author writes with a wonderful sense of humour and humility.
The patterns presented presume a general object-oriented style in your project. However, I have found that many of the patterns are more 'concepts' that can be modified to work in a range of ways. For example, I use a slightly different implementation of many patterns in order to program sections of my games in a more procedural style.
An absolute joy to read.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 11117 KB
- Print Length: 448 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Genever Benning (2 November 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00P5URD96
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 311 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #78,249 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)