In the pantheon of knowledge there are increasing levels of value; data, information, knowledge and wisdom. Okasaki's "Purely Functional Data Structures" firmly fits into the latter category. The book provides a relatively complete survey of all the academic literature on the topic and presents it in a way that is understandable to an advanced programmer.
If you are an advanced programmer, i.e. you have significant experience with a procedural or OO language and some experience with a functional programming language, then this book may be for you. If you have experienced issues in synchronising access to data structures in multi-threaded environments or ensuring transactional access to complex data, then this book contains the wisdom you seek.
- Paperback: 232 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 1 edition (13 June 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521663504
- ISBN-13: 978-0521663502
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.5 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 413 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 76,324 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)