- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Functional Assessment: Strategies to Prevent and Remediate Challenging Behavior in School Settings Paperback – 1 April 2009
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : Pearson; 3rd edition (1 April 2009)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0138126925
- ISBN-13 : 978-0138126926
- Dimensions : 18.8 x 2.54 x 23.37 cm
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
Practical and applied, this new edition focuses specifically on preventing and remediating challenging behavior in school settings at all grade levels, from preschool through high school, in the general education and self-contained classroom settings, and across students with and without special needs. Taking a comprehensive and positive approach to managing behavior, this practical, well-written book provides useful applications to assist education professionals and families in selecting detailed interventions to address challenging behavior. Through these positive interventions, appropriate behavior is supported, replacing challenging behavior.
New features include:
- More strategies have been added within each function to assist educators and behavior specialists in designing intervention strategies to prevent and remediate challenging behavior.
- Additional discussion of school-wide or class-wide prevention strategies and how they fit within a multi-tiered level model of preventions and intervention.
- Updates on the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (2004) requirements related to challenging behavior and behavior intervention plans.
- Updated references and examples of research throughout the text provide current examples of effective intervention strategies, assessment practices and sources to review for additional information.