This book was great! I thought learning would be much more difficult, but this was a fun way to learn basic skills of French, rather than using expensive software or boring textbooks. I highly recommend it! - Summer Stalley
French: Short Stories for Beginners + Audio is an amazing book. I took French throughout high school but did not continue to practice after graduation. This was a wonderful refresher. I was not sure how easily I would be able to follow the stories after years without practice, but the style of this book was very easy to follow. - Mariah Garret
The French audio is FREE!
IMPORTANT: THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE MP3 CAN BE FOUND AT THE END OF THE EBOOK.
Reading and listening to short stories is an effective and enjoyable method to learning French.
For those of you who can’t just slip away from life, travel to France and immerse yourself in the language in order to learn it, this is your solution! Reading and listening to native-spoken French stories is the next best thing.
You have at your fingertips the written word AND an accompanying audio recording that allows you to:
- Gain a greater vocabulary that you can use immediately, every day. You will add 1,500+ French words and expressions to your repertoire through the encounter of descriptive sentences and casual conversations woven throughout the stories.
- Sharpen your comprehension of the spoken word by listening to a native French speaker.
- Learn how to pronounce French words properly by comparing the written word to the audio recording.
- Familiarize yourself with a wide range of grammar structures and put them to use today.
- Avoid the monotonous task of memorizing grammar rules. How awesome is that?!
How this book will improve your French language skills:
Each story is recorded in two different ways:
- A slow version helps beginners improve their pronunciation.
- A normal, natural speed for intermediate and advanced learners trains your ears to understand what is being said.
You receive 4 hours of MP3 audio recording!
There is no need for a dictionary. Each story is broken down with a French and English glossary that introduces you to the words and phrases you might not understand. This comes in handy because there is no need for the irritating process of flipping pages, continually searching for definitions or translations.
A vocabulary recap at the end of each chapter allows you to review what you have read and listened to so you don’t forget the essential words and expressions taught throughout the lesson.
The book contains 15 stories with the following themes: Family, Months, Days, Numbers, Weather, Introduce yourself, House, Nature, Clothing, Shopping, Visiting/Tourism, Weekend Activities, Daily Routine, Describe yourself, Food, Cooking, Jobs and Occupation, At the Train Station.
All stories are written using vocabulary that you could easily use in your day-to-day conversations.
With this book and accompanying audio you can start improving your French today!