- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers (1 April 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780007350964
- ISBN-13: 978-0007350964
- ASIN: 0007350961
- Product Dimensions: 12.1 x 1.9 x 18.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 141 g
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 5,530 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.00 delivery
+ $5.63 delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Frankenstein Paperback – 1 Sep 2010
|New from||Used from|
|Paperback, 1 Sep 2010||
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley was born on August 30, 1797, into a life of personal tragedy. In 1816, she married the poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, and that summer traveled with him and a host of other Romantic intellectuals to Geneva. Her greatest achievement was piecing together one of the most terrifying and renowned stories of all time: Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus. Shelley conceived Frankenstein in, according to her, "a waking dream." This vision was simply of a student kneeling before a corpse brought to life. Yet this tale of a mad creator and his abomination has inspired a multitude of storytellers and artists. She died on February 1, 1851.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Do not, under any circumstances, purchase this edition of the book! It's a complete waste of money.
Worth the effort for those who (like myself) hadn't read it and took the Hollywood spoon-feeding as gospel. the actual story reads a lot like all the scenes/dialogue that might have ended up on the cutting room floor. Too reflective, maybe too philosophical and wordy for Hollywood to capture verbatim.
It's an emotional/psychological narrative rather than a graphic gore-fest. Much detail is left up to the reader's imagination; which may be why it could be a challenge for the average 21st Century reader.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gothic
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > British & Irish
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature