- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 8.1 x 5.6 cm ; 27.2 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 45.4 g
- Item Model Number: SYNCHKG083824
- ASIN: B00ZWA7LQ4
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 17 January 2018
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,624 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.00 delivery
Four Sigmatic - Mushroom Coffee Mix with Lion's Mane & Chaga - 10 Packet(s)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
About Supplement Monster Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee with Lion's Mane
Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee with chaga and lion's mane is your go-to morning beverage to support productivity, focus, and creativity. Perfect to kickstart your morning or power through your workday at the office or at home. Drink whenever your brain needs an energizing get-it-together hug.
CREATE WITH LION'S MANE
Lion's Mane is your brain's best friend. Long used by the Buddhist monks to help with focus during meditation, this beautiful mushroom is our modern-day favorite for getting creative. The energizing effects of our Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee are stabilized with our dual-extracted chaga mushrooms that also help to support your daily immune functions. To enhance our chaga and lion's mane, we add wild rhodiola root, an adaptogen known as 'the golden root', making this our most creative cup of coffee yet.
FROM OUR FOREST FARM TO YOUR CUP
ORGANIC INSTANT COFFEE
Our shade-grown, organic coffee is grown in the volcanic soil of the Sierra Madre de Chiapas highlands in Mexico. After carefully roasting and brewing the beans, we concentrate the coffee by evaporation, and finish it off by spray-drying it into a pure instant powder. As a final step, we run each coffee batch through a third-party laboratory to ensure the absence of mycotoxins. Contains 50mg of caffeine per serving.
ORGANIC LION'S MANE MUSHROOM (250 MG PER SERVING)
Recognized for their cognitive enhancing properties, these delicious and beautiful mushrooms have been used for hundreds of years. Our lion's mane mushroom extract is made by extracting these wood-grown fruiting bodies, and then spray-drying the concentrate. Organic, non-GMO, and free from fillers and carriers.
ORGANIC CHAGA MUSHROOM (250 MG PER SERVING)
Recognized for their immune function supportin ...
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
So here's the deal: In a city where microdosing is the new hotness, it makes sense that people would start drinking shroom laced Folgers in convenient individual serving packets.
Though I'm a life long Oregonian, Portland is now a suburb of San Francisco. It was only a matter of time before someone on the Neutropics subreddit suggested these as a way to boost your Elysium subscription.
So did we try it? Oh, did we. For two weeks, the entire office was in a euphoric state of enlightenment. The taste...that...taste...actually starts to grow on you. It's just smooth.
Then we burned out. Too. Many. Shrooms. So now I might have one...maybe two packets a week.
So here's the deal: Buy it because the price has dropped. Buy it because it's W A Y better than whatever that instant starbucks stuff is. Buy it because it tastes good and is 100% compatible with your heated Arrowhead office water dispenser.
But don't buy it for your brain. Don't buy it because it's going to take you from failed startup to unicorn.
1. If you enjoy black coffee and you also like mushrooms, I think you will enjoy the flavor. It is not a coffee taste but a very smooth sort of mushroom flavor. It does not turn bitter or intensify but is a very mild flavor that I am surprised to enjoy but I'm am positive it is not something everyone will like. That is a guarantee. If you like new things and would consider yourself a person who enjoys black coffee then I think you might warm up to this. Only took me 1 sip to know what I was getting in to and I like it.
2. It is definitely pricey. I suppose you are saving some money on getting this in bulk but I'm not sure of the real benefits yet other than the ingredients having some health benefits to justify the price. And don't expect this to "light you up like a Christmas tree" as Tim Ferris has coined. I will say though, I have instead bumped up to 2 packets in my morning cup and it gives much more pep. Be sure to already be drinking coffee regularly before doing that or your Xmas tree might blow up haha!
3. It is worth a try but I will confirm as others have stated here, that it is well marketed product and the Tim Ferris bump is HUGE for this company. I can only hope to make a product that is endorsed by Tim Ferris in the future because wow, does he have reach and influence. This product is an example of that. But again, I think it's worth a try because I do enjoy it. It's hard to justify the bottom line.
4. I want to wrap this up by saying I notice more pep from opening up 2 packets for my morning Joe. However, that is just working through the product a lot faster than I intended and will eventually cause me to either need more to get this feeling I initially had in the beginning or I stay at a constant and need 2 packets every time I want some of this coffee. So, be aware of all this but try it out. It's not going to break your bank on the first purchase and I think it's worth a try if you like to try new things that might give you some pep in the morning.
1) The way people talk about it, and also the marketing materials (box, website, etc) kinda make you think it's mostly made of mushrooms, but the number one ingredient is coffee. For example, the box says "Believe it or not, this tastes like coffee". Of course it does..it's mostly coffee (80% coffee, 20% mushrooms)
-Also what does "wild-crafted" in the phrase "wild-crafted chaga mushroom" mean? It sounds like marketing-speak.
2) I didn't experience any noticeable "cognitive benefit" beyond what I'd get from a small amount of coffee. Maybe the mushrooms have more effect on other people..I dunno.
3) It's pretty darn expensive for what you're getting. I bought the $15 pack of 10. Instant coffee is really cheap. Lion's Mane can be purchased for pretty cheap (especially if you only need 250mg per serving as is advertised to be in each packet). Chaga is also really cheap when purchased by itself.
Bottomline: this is impressive marketing and of course the Tim Ferriss connection ensures a lot sales, but I think this is a good example of simply packaging existing ingredients together, marketing the heck out of it, and charging a big premium for it (like bulletproof coffee for another example)
The coffee tastes a tad "earthy", but mix in a lil almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, chai spice, etc and you'll know that you're not drinking your normal cup o' joe.
I also highly recommend their other products including the Cordyceps elixir (energy & vitality), Reishi elixir (I love drinking this before bed. It's great for relaxation and breathing) and the Lion's Mane elixir (brain power - and more of it than what you get with the coffee)