I had the honor and privilege to meet three of the men in this book: Oscar Russell, Harry Bell and Jerry O'Keefe at the book launch in Biloxi, Mississippi in November. I felt like I was hugging my dad. He, too, was a WWII vet, William H. Collins, but he died at age 69. Reading this book, I realized how much time I wasted and how I should have listened to him more. Harry Bell was a POW in a Nazi camp and swore to keep his men alive until they were rescued. He did just that, saluting the commander as they rolled in with the tanks, "All men here and accounted for, sir." Brings tears to my eyes. Oscar Russell served in both the European and Pacific theaters. Amazing man! Jerry O'Keefe is a living legend in Biloxi. What an incredible pilot and honorable man.
All the men and women who ever served are heroes, and so are their families. I salute them all.
— Jeanie Loiacono
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 4886 KB
- Print Length: 330 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1589799631
- Publisher: Taylor Trade Publishing; 2 edition (6 November 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00R459AP0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 8 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,708,021 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)