Written by locals, Fodor's Essential Peru is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Lima, Machu Picchu, Cusco and beyond. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Peru travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the most exciting countries in South America.
Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley of the Inca, and the Nazca Lines are among the most-visited and awe-inspiring archaeological sites in the world. Bursting with beautiful full-color photos, Fodor's Peru provides expert insider advice on everything from the best guides to the Inca Trail to how to experience native cultures on Lake Titicaca.Fodor’s Essential Peru includes:
- •EXPANDED AND UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Special emphasis has been placed on trending Lima's dining scene and alternate Inca Trail-type hiking routes. Focused coverage on Peru's essential, must-see destinations includes new restaurants and hotels.
- •DETAILED COLOR MAPS: Full-size, easy-to-use maps throughout will help you plan efficiently and get around confidently.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Sample itineraries will help you plan and make the most of your time. We include tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about museums, trails, and nightlife. “Fodor's Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Beautifully illustrated, in-depth coverage of Machu Picchu, the Inca Trail, and the Nazca Lines with maps, history, and practical tips. Other features cover Peru’s history and ancient sites, the Amazon jungle, the Cordillera Blanca, Peruvian food, and more.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Includes a "Need to Know" feature offering top-line planning information about the country as a whole, "Top Attractions," "Great Itineraries," packing advice, frequently asked questions, extensive information on trusted tour operators, regional overviews, and transportation information for getting around by car, bus, and train.
- •COVERS: Machu Picchu, Inca Trail, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Lake Titicaca, Lima, Nazca, Amazon, Cordillera Blanca, and much more.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting other destinations in South America? Check out Fodor’s Essential Chile and Fodor’s Essential Argentina.