Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
Fluid Power with Applications: Pearson New International Edition Paperback – 26 July 2013
Enhance your purchase
For sophomore- or junior-level courses in Fluid Power, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics in two- or four-year Engineering Technology and Industrial Technology programs.
Fluid Power with Applications presents broad coverage of fluid power technology in a readable and understandable fashion. An extensive array of industrial applications is provided to motivate and stimulate students' interest in the field. Balancing theory and applications, this text is updated to reflect current technology; it focuses on the design, analysis, operation, and maintenance of fluid power systems.
From the Back Cover
Fluid Power with Applications, seventh edition
Now in its seventh edition, Fluid Power with Applications continues toprovide readers with an in-depth background in the field of fluid power. Emphasizing such subjects as design, analysis, operation, maintenance, and practical applications, this text provides the “how” as well as the “why” of fluid power systems.
New features of the seventh edition include:
- Coverage of the salient features and capabilities of Automation Studio™, a computer software package that allows the user to design, simulate, animate, and mathematically analyze fluid power circuits (Chapter 18)
- An Automation Studio™ CD (produced by Famic Technologies Inc.) that contains simulations and animations of many of the fluid power circuits presented throughout the book as well as a variety of additional fluid power applications.
- Coverage of using water hydraulics in lieu of oil hydraulics in certain promising fluid power applications, reflecting the fact that water is a more environmentally-friendly hydraulic fluid than oil (Section 12.17)
- Material on fluid power systems that enhance the use of renewable energy, reflecting the increasing emphasis on lowering air-pollution levels and reducing greenhouse gases to minimize global warming
- Coverage of the use of hydroforming and waterjet cutting, two promising manufacturing applications of hydraulics (Sections 3.5 and 5.2)
- A number of updated photographs and illustrations that better reflect current fluid power technology
- Many updated example problems and end-of-chapter exercises that reflect current industrial applications
About the Author
Anthony Esposito was born on October 4, 1934 in Schenectady, NY. His family moved to Saratoga Springs, NY in 1948. He graduated from Saratoga Springs High School in 1953. In 1957 he received a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Union College in Schenectady. He was employed at General Electric Company as a design engineer in Cincinnati from 1957 to 1961 and a control systems engineer in Schenectady from 1961 to 1965. He married Mary Jane Stark of Cincinnati in 1959 and they have four children and ten grandchildren. Anthony and Mary currently live in Fairfield, OH.
Upon receiving a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Union College in 1965, Anthony left General Electric to begin a teaching career at Miami University within the Manufacturing Engineering Department. In 1969 he received his Professional Engineer’s License from the State of Ohio. He served as Chairman of the Manufacturing Engineering Department from 1976 to 1992. During his career at Miami University, he authored four engineering technology college textbooks, including “FLUID POWER WITH APPLICATIONS’ published by Prentice Hall. His current title at Miami University is Professor Emeritus.
- Publisher : Pearson; 7th edition (26 July 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 652 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1292023872
- ISBN-13 : 978-1292023878
- Dimensions : 21.6 x 2.5 x 27.4 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 513,780 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: