Are you over 40, unemployed or stuck in a job you don’t like?
Have you found job search frustrating and unproductive?
Don’t know where to start and looking for guidance to navigate the unfamiliar world of job search?
Fired to Hired, The Guide to Effective Job Search for the Over 40s provides an easy-to-read, no-nonsense and practical approach to job search covering:
- The experience of job loss and search
- Determining what you want to do
- Where to look for jobs
- How recruiters work and how to use them effectively
- Developing cover letters and resumes that will significantly increase your chances of getting to interviews … and a job!
- Effective use of technology like LinkedIn and online job boards
- How to prepare for and succeed in job interviews
- Job search tips and guidance from Human Resources professionals and recruiters
- Reference checks that work
- Managing and negotiating a job offer for the best outcome
- Successfully starting a new job
About the Author
Paul Di Michiel has over 25 years of corporate experience in senior Human Resources roles in his native Australia as well as Singapore and the United Kingdom. Paul has also personally experienced job loss and in recent years has successfully moved into the career coaching space with his own business, The Career Medic, whose credo is 'Taking the worry out of job search for the over 40s'. Paul understands where you are, what's required to survive job loss and ultimately to move to your next great job.