- Hardcover: 736 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers (20 November 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0008307733
- ISBN-13: 978-0008307738
- Product Dimensions: 15.9 x 6 x 24 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.3 Kg
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,330 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Fire and Blood: 300 Years Before a Game of Thrones (A Targaryen History) Hardcover – 20 Nov 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
‘An epic take, viewed from soaring heights’
‘A feast of pure imagination’
‘The sheer detail of the richly layered world [Martin] has created is astonishing, with narrative twists and turns aplenty’
PRAISE FOR A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE:
‘Of those who work in the grand epic fantasy tradition, Martin is by far the best’
‘Colossal, staggering…Martin captures all the intoxicating complexity of the Wars of the Roses or Imperial Rome’
‘Martin’s style is so vivid that you will be hooked within a few pages’
‘I always expect the best from George R.R. Martin and he always delivers’
About the Author
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I told my husband not to bother even reading it. All the names starting with A made for a confusing mix
of characters. The stories seemed to be all over the place. I am a die hard Game of Thrones Fan too.
The book itself purports to be the first volume of the history of the early Targaryen kings, from Aegon the Conqueror and his sisters through to Aegon III. There are twenty-three chapters and although my interest flagged towards the end, I mostly enjoyed it. I’m told, by those more familiar than I am, with the ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ series, that much of the material is not new. I can’t comment on that as most of it was new to me.
My favourite part? The seven chapters dealing with the fifty-year reign of Jaehaerys I, his Queen Alysanne and their children. This read like, well, a history.
Is it worth reading? Probably not for those who’ve been immersed in the series since the beginning. I’m glad I read it: I borrowed a copy from my local library.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Men's Adventure
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > European
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Military
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Greek & Roman
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery