As a visitor from the other side of the planet with an interest in birds this proved a useful companion during a short visit to a small part of Tasmania around Hobart the capital. As an aid to tracking down the endemic birds of the area it was a constant guide and I managed to see, photograph and/or sound record all but two of the endemics thanks to this little book. In particular my time on Bruny Island was an especial joy and was rewarded by sightings of virtually everything I had hoped for. I even spent twenty minutes with Orange Bellied Parrots having flown in to SW Tasmania from Bruny Island - a memorable experience.
I recommend this as a supplement to any of the Australia-wide bird guides available to visitor and local alike.
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: New Holland (1 April 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1876334606
- ISBN-13: 978-1876334604
- Product Dimensions: 14.9 x 21.1 x 2.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 440 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 141,084 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)