- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.16 delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Back-2-Nature MFBTN30 Small Animal Bedding & Litter 30 Litre
- Natural odor control
- No additives or chemicals
- Suitable for rodents, mammals, birds and reptiles
- Economical long lasting
- Lightweight easy to handle
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Back To Nature Small Animal Bedding and Litter is a uniquely formulated from 100 percent recycled paper with no additives or chemical. It is cleaner and easier to 'muck-out' than traditional beddings and litters, is better for animal welfare and great for the environment. An ideal replacement for the traditional wood shaving cage dressing. Suitable for all types of small animals, birds, reptiles and ferrets. Comes in 30 litre pack.
Pour litter 2–4cm (1–2 inches) deep into tray. For best results, remove waste (solid and urine) regularly & stir pellets to aerate, then top up with fresh pellets as needed & completely replace at least once a week. If your pet does not readily accept the new pellets, sprinkle over existing litter & increase new pellets daily.
|5 star 85% (85%)||85%|
|4 star 9% (9%)||9%|
|3 star 3% (3%)||3%|
|2 star 1% (1%)||1%|
|1 star 2% (2%)||2%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
1) Very affordable - one bag of Back 2 Nature lasts me months.
2) Odorless - they pieces don't smell, and they are quite good at absorbing the smell of small animal waste (provided you change it frequently).
3) Easy to clean - Every night I simply dump the litter tray into the trash and give it a quick rinse, then simply refill it. It's very easy and doesn't stick to the tray.
4) Non-irritating - unlike wood shavings, this bedding doesn't seem have any negative respiratory effects on my bun.
1) Seems a bit uncomfortable as a bedding for indoor rabbits (I may be wrong though).
2) Takes up lots of space - for those who don't have a lot of storage space, you may want to go with a smaller bag.
Guests are amazed that there is no ratty odours, I explain to them how clean rats really are & the litter helps a heck of alot too.
Thank you back 2 nature, First class!
Being biodegradable and made from recycled paper, this is fab for the environment too!
All in all, a really good buy. :)
1. The litter tray is cleaned daily
2. We put a layer of doggie pee pad at the base of the tray.
3. We sprinkle this recycled litter on top of the pee pad.
All the smell is absorbed in this way, and no one would know we had two baby bun buns in the house (apart from the hay that goes everywhere, their huge pen that you can see from outer space, and the fridge that is full to bursting with fresh greens). So yeah, thumbs up.
We use this because we have a sifting litter tray. What we do is we put newspaper on the bottom, line it with this, and then put the plastic sifting plastic with holes in on top of it. This way the litter absorbs the urine and the newspaper protects the bottom of the litter tray. We used to use a metal grill but this upset our rabbit's paws so we changed to a cat sifting litter tray.
I'm not sure about using this for litter and not having anything on top of it, as I'd be nervous it would cause blockages for your rabbit so I'd advise just doing your research before you do this. But this is recycled and natural, so I'm happy that our rabbit is getting the best.
This is also the best value I've found anywhere, and on Prime. Thanks Amazon!
The only complaint I have with this -- as I do with all litters, really -- is that the bag is too difficult to tear open without scissors, and that it has no carry handle which can be inconvenient when a bag lasts as long as this one does for me. That's not enough to remove a star, so since this does the job and it costs about the same as in my local pet shop, this gets five stars from me. Very happy with it!
I don't recommend changing the bedding daily as there is no need. The pellets become dark when they make contact with moisture so it is easy to remove waste from the cage without changing all the bedding, which is a very good feature to prevent waste, especially if you have a large cage.
A 30L bag like this is not offered in any of my local pet stores and is much cheaper than purchasing multiple 10L bags.
The only downside is that occasionally Amazon have been unable to fulfil the prime eligibility of one day delivery, but this has not happened the last two times ordering this product and any issues are easily resolved by contacting customer support.
I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for a relatively cheap and sustainable bedding for their small animals, especially rats which have many bedding requirements.