Grab the book that takes the guesswork out of making sauerkraut.
If you’re new to making sauerkraut or if your previous fermentation attempts were noxious smelling or had strange things growing on them, this step-by-step guide is for you. Holly Howe, the ‘Julia Child of sauerkraut’ shows you exactly how to ferment your own cabbage to create safe-to-eat, mouthwatering sauerkraut that improves your digestion health and adds flavor to any meal.
Mouthwatering Sauerkraut offers expert advice on how to make sauerkraut you’ll actually enjoy eating… and will know is safe to eat. In this book you will discover:
- A proven step-by-step process for fermenting sauerkraut in a jar, with clear and detailed photo-rich instructions.
- The best salt for fermentation and how much to use.
- Tips to keep your ferment safe from mold and harmful bacteria.
- How to evaluate any batch of sauerkraut with a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide.
- Easy ways to fine-tune the saltiness, crunch, and tang of any batch.
Whether you are 7 or 77, klutzy with a knife or a gourmet chef, you can learn to make sauerkraut.
Why a whole book devoted to sauerkraut?
Because learning to make sauerkraut is an inexpensive way to learn how to ferment.
- You will master an ancient art of preservation.
- You won’t need to slave over a hot stove.
- You won’t have to buy an expensive ceramic fermentation crock.
- Enjoying your sauerkraut will be as simple as opening the jar and grabbing a fork.
- Your taste buds will delight in the rich and complex flavors of sauerkraut.
Holly Howe has been fermenting her own sauerkraut for close to 20 years. She runs the popular blog MakeSauerkraut!, where she has helped over 59,488 people just like you master fermentation, using just cabbage and salt. No vinegar. No starters.
Rich in gut-healing probiotics and satisfying to eat, naturally fermented sauerkraut is just the food to keep handy in your refrigerator for effortlessly adding depth of flavor to any meal.