I have to say, this book stretched my mind. I only recently have started self learning neuroscience, and consciousness is one topic that I am deeply interested about.
The Integrated Information Theory that is presented here as a mathematical basis for existence, experience and consciousness is striking with its many extrapolations and predictions. I think that this book is controversial in content but rigorous and thorough in its argument. This is the first book review I’ve written and I have to say that this book may mark a new shift in science, where the mind and body are seen as evolving and developing together.
- Hardcover: 280 pages
- Publisher: The MIT Press; 1 edition (15 October 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0262042819
- ISBN-13: 978-0262042819
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.4 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 535 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 6,291 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)