- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
FamilyTreeDNA - Family Finder DNA Test - Genetic Testing To Discover Your Ancestry
- FamilyTreeDNA's Family Finder test provides powerful interactive tools to help find your DNA relatives, trace your lineage through time and determine family connections
- Receive a percentage breakdown of your geographic origins
- Find out the amount of autosomal DNA you still carry of the ancient European groups: Neolithic Hunter/Gatherers, Early Farmers, and Bronze-age Metal Invaders
- Connect with DNA relatives across the globe
- Easy to use cheek swab, no saliva required
- Kits come with a return shipping envelope, and orders shipped within the USA also include a pre-paid return shipping label
Special offers and product promotions
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 22.86 x 4.57 x 16.51 cm; 30 Grams
- Date First Available : 4 May 2018
- Manufacturer : Texas tr llc
- ASIN : B01NAQ1UCW
- Manufacturer reference : 43224-2509
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
With a simple cheek swab, discover your roots, connect the dots and unlock your family history. Our signature DNA test provides powerful tools to find your DNA matches, trace your lineage through time and validate family connections.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The reason to test with FTDNA is their additional testing products. If you're a male tester, you can do additional Y-DNA testing which only tests the Y-chromosome. This allows the test to reach much further back in time; autosomal testing is only good for about 4-5 generations. FTDNA also keeps your sample for 25 years so it's available for additional testing even if the original test taker isn't. So if you're considering doing any additional DNA testing, FTDNA is your best choice. Ancestry only has the autosomal test. FTDNA's test doesn't require any subscription fees on their site to access other member's trees like Ancestry does. They also have a Chromosome browser to check DNA matches -- Ancestry does not . FTDNA is much more about DNA testing; Ancestry is about their genealogy records. Both will come back with accurate DNA results - ie the raw DNA file. The ethnicity results for both should be looked at with extreme skepticism -- the testing is more suited for determining ancestral matches.
The process was fairly easy and I would have to say the only hard part was waiting for the results - but like Momma always says, good things come to those who wait!
In short: Great product, super easy to follow instructions, clear breakdown of DNA results, all at a great price! I would highly recommend the Family Tree DNA test kit! And I think I’ll be picking up a few kits to gift to others!