“If there was a bible for reading, this should be it. Comprehensive, accessible and packed full of common sense.”– A Wishing Shelf Book Review
You thought your child would learn to read in school. Some children do. But so many of them don’t. Why? Are the schools failing your children?
This parent-friendly book will help you understand the various causes of reading difficulties and how you can support your child. With over thirty years of experience as a teacher, reading specialist, regional literacy coach, and administrator, Faith Borkowsky explains why so many children struggle to read and what you need to know to help your child.
This book includes special sections on:
- The best, proven way to teach children to read
- Factors that can influence reading comprehension difficulties
- What you need to know if your child is receiving reading intervention
- What you can do at home to supplement your child’s intervention
- How to help with homework
- And much more!