- Paperback: 584 pages
- Publisher: Pearson Education; 11 edition (4 January 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 129214517X
- ISBN-13: 978-1292145174
- Product Dimensions: 19.6 x 2.3 x 26.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.1 Kg
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 55,374 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Exploring Strategy Paperback – 4 Jan 2017
|New from||Used from|
From the Back Cover
'Exploring Strategy has had a world-wide impact as a text in strategic management and unusually has achieved this notable position with the very best of European scholarship and writing. The approach to strategy is inclusive; the writing is direct and accessible; the case examples are vivid and contemporary; and the material in the book is always being updated.'
Andrew Pettigrew, Emeritus Professor of Strategy and Organisation, Said Business School, University of Oxford.
‘Exploring Strategy stands out as an excellent textbook on strategic management that covers all the basics yet, unlike other texts, adds onto this a coverage of strategy process and the practice of strategy. This coverage of both analytical and managerial aspects of Strategy makes it a highly relevant text for both undergraduate and MBA Students. A welcome inclusion to this edition is the feature “Thinking Differently” which is about cutting-edge theory related to each chapter of the book.’
Julia Balogun, Professor of Strategic Management and Director of University of Liverpool Management School.
‘The book provides a very well structured, comprehensive, and clear overview of the art of strategic management, using many up-to-date real-world case studies from renowned companies and providing useful online resources for teachers. As such, the book is engaging, accessible and certainly one of the most "classroom ready" texts on strategy. It is a must-have for students, scholars, and practitioners’.
Dr. Florian Kapmeier, Professor for Strategy and International Project Management, Reutlingen University, ESB Business School
‘When teaching and learning with this book, strategy comes alive! Exploring Strategy addresses the fascinating issues of “strategy in action”. As strategic change is everywhere nowadays, this textbook provides unique and invaluable insights for the men and women who are daily involved
in the processes and practice of strategizing.’
Linda Rouleau, Professor of Management, HEC Montréal
With over one million copies sold worldwide, Exploring Strategy has long been the essential introduction to strategy for the managers of today and tomorrow. From entrepreneurial start-ups to multinationals, charities to government agencies, this book raises the big questions about organisations – how they prosper, how they grow, how they innovate and how they change.
The eleventh edition of Exploring Strategy has been comprehensively updated to help you:
- Understand clearly the key concepts and tools of strategic management
- Explore hot topics, including business models, corporate governance, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Learn from case studies on world-famous organisations such as Alibaba, Apple, H&M, Ryanair, Airbnb and Manchester United FC
About the Author
Gerry Johnson is Emeritus Professor of Strategic Management at Lancaster University School of Management, Richard Whittington is Professor of Strategic Management at the Said Business School, University of Oxford, Kevan Scholes is Emeritus Professor of Startegic Management and formerly Director of the Sheffield Business School, Duncan Angwin is Professor of Strategic Management at Lancaster University, Patrick Regner is Professor of Strategic Management at Stockholm School of Economics.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Economics > Communication & Psychology > Communication
- Books > Business & Economics > Management & Leadership > Systems & Planning
- Books > Business & Economics > Processes & Infrastructure > Organisational Behaviour
- Books > Business & Economics > Processes & Infrastructure > Strategic Planning