Ethical Zinc SPF50+ Natural Clear Zinc Sunscreen Sensitive & Reef Safe Mineral - Made in Australia
- 22% Natural Pharmaceutical Grade Zinc Oxide
- Made and Tested in Australia - Broad Spectrum SPF50+ Protection
- Suitable for Sensitive Skin, Face and Body - Formulated with Moisturising Coconut Oil
- Reef & Ocean Safe (No chemicals), Paraben and PABA Free
- 4 Hour Water Resistance - Dries Clear & Invisible - Suitable for Daily Wear
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Ethical Zinc SPF 50+ natural clear zinc sunscreen provides a physical barrier and all natural protection from the sun's harmful rays, while drying clear on your skin.
Made and tested in Australia, harnessing the latest ZinClear XP zinc oxide technology, with unparalleled levels of high strength sun protection and transparency on skin. Suitable for sensitive skin with no harmful chemicals.
Our All Natural Ingredients:
- Zinc Oxide - A natural mineral which is the only ingredient that can provide stable broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays. It is also known for its soothing properties, and wound healing ability, making it the perfect choice for sensitive skin.
- Medium Chain Triglycerides - A fatty oil derived from coconuts rich in antioxidants an antibacterial properties.
- White Beeswax - Obtained from the honey bee, beeswax is used to help improve the consistency of the cream.
- Coco-caprylate - A skin-conditioning agent naturally derived from coconut oil to provide smooth spreadability.
- Castor Oil - Edible food grade soothing oil derived from the castor bean plant.
- Coconut Oil - Edible food grade moisturising oil obtained from the flesh of the coconut.
- Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate - Derived from castor oil, usually found in chocolate. We use it to improve the consistency of the sunscreen.
- Isostearic Acid - A naturally derived fatty acid we use as a binder.
- D-alpha-tocopheryl Acetate - Also known as Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that preserves the product as well as prevents free radical damage on the skin.
- French Vanilla - Derived from natural plant extracts.
From the manufacturer
Not all sunscreens are created equal
It's more than just SPF
UV light consists of both UVA and UVB rays, with both contributing to skin damage caused by sun exposure.
Many chemical UV absorbers provide inadequate UVA protection. SPF ratings only measure protection from UVB, leaving out potential damage from UVA.
Our zinc has been specifically designed to enhance the UVA protection performance and offers market-leading protection across the UV spectrum.
Safe from chemicals
Zinc oxide has a long history in skincare products such as calamine lotion and nappy rash creams, for use on even the most sensitive of skin.
Many common chemical sunscreens have been found to cause damage to coral and ocean life plus free radical damage, endocrine, hormone and DNA disruption in humans.
Ethical Zinc is safe from harmful chemicals and is blended with moisturising coconut oil.
Works in the real world
Common chemical based sunscreens might pass tests in the lab, but have been shown to degrade or break down in as little as 30 minutes when exposed to real sunlight, limiting their ability to protect you.
Ethical Zinc's physical zinc oxide barrier keeps working under real world conditions, maintaining very high broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
About Ethical Zinc
Ethical Zinc owns a substantial ownership stake in the Australian manufacturing company that invented the original process for clear zinc as we know it today.
Ethical Zinc's natural clear zinc sunscreen is our first end product formulation, leveraging the latest in over 20 years of patented research and development from this manufacturing and technology partner.
- Globally patented technology
- Over 20 years of R&D
- Complies with Australian Standard AS/NZS 2604:2012
- Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration approval (AUSTL 307387)
- FDA Approved
Ethical Zinc SPF50+ Natural Clear Zinc Sunscreen
Made and tested in Australia, harnessing the latest ZinClear XP zinc oxide technology, with unparalleled levels of high strength sun protection and transparency on skin.
- All Natural Ingredients
- 22% Pharmaceutical Grade Zinc Oxide
- Reef & Ocean Safe
- SPF 50+ Very High Broad Spectrum Protection
- 80 Mins Water Resistance Rating (Maximum USA Rating)
- Made and Tested in Australia
- Made and Tested in Australia
- Suitable for Sensitive Skin
Ethical Zinc works in the real world
Chemical UV filters may theoretically protect against UV rays in lab settings, however have been found to degrade and destabilize in as little as 30 minutes when exposed to actual sunlight.
Avobenzone in particular is widely known to degrade rapidly upon exposure to UV light, which is the primary chemical absorber that targets UVA protection. Avobenzone requires numerous other chemicals to maintain some degree of stability.
Ethical Zinc's physical zinc oxide barrier keeps working under real world conditions, maintaining very high broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection as a singular active ingredient.
Ethical Zinc is special.
Our zinc is special. It's the result of over 20 years of R&D from our technical partners.
It performs better than other competing products tested for both UV protection and transparency on skin. It's no longer just a matter of making sure you are using zinc over chemicals, but the right kind of zinc too.
Ingredients:Zinc Oxide, Medium Chain Triglycerides, White Beeswax, Coco-caprylate, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Isostearic Acid, D-alpha-tocopheryl Acetate, French Vanilla
Directions:Apply sunscreen liberally to clean, dry skin 20 minutes before sun exposure. Avoid contact with eyes. Reapply sunscreen after swimming, exercise and towelling dry. Avoid prolonged sun exposure and wear protective clothing, hats and eyewear to further reduce risk. Store below 30°C. For batch number and expiry date see crimp.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a great product, especially given its chemical free (zinc based), so it's perfect for our son who's under 1YO.
A great sunscreen at a great price, highly recommend!