- Board book: 22 pages
- Publisher: HMH Books; Mus Brdbk/ edition (1 October 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0544005031
- ISBN-13: 978-0544005037
- Product Dimensions: 25.4 x 1.9 x 20.3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 522 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 15,938 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Essential Scratch and Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert Board book – 1 Oct 2013
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Smart, fun, enlightening, and refreshingly free of snobbery."
"The master sommelier Richard Betts's clever new scratch-and-sniff book is likely to broaden the novice's appreciation of wine, explaining how aromas relate to different varietals.... A useful chart that ties bouquets to wines is tucked inside."
--Florence Fabricant for The New York Times
--Food & Wine
About the Author
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This book instantly made me smarter about wine. From identifying the range of fruits in the nose to understanding more about how the wood barrels and the dirt affect the scent, I learned so much.
In the back is a fold out map to the understand the smells of the entire wine world. You start in the middle and "sniff" your way out to the edge learning how to identify the types of wine you like most.
I love this book. Keeping it close by as I open more bottles and definitely picking up copies for friends. Highly recommend.
Anyway, this book is bound to be a scream at parties, and our Italian friends won't believe this book exists unless I can show it to them. I have no illusions that it will serve any other purpose other than to entertain my friends. If you really believe this will teach you about wine and make you an "expert", then uh... good luck to you. The drive-thru is about two miles down on the left. : )
All we need now is a scratch and sniff book on sex education . . . oh wait . . . didn't something like that come out in the 70s?
While the info is interesting and useful, in a foundation sense, the education is sparse with capitals "S-P-A-R-S-E". Also, I could not give it five stars for me because It is more clever than useful, for those with some knowledge. However, if that's you, file it under "most fun wine novelty item / book ever".
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Beverages & Wine > Homebrewing, Distilling & Wine Making
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Beverages & Wine > Wine & Spirits > Wine > Buying Guides
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking Education & Reference > Reference
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias & Subject Guides > Cooking
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides