This no-nonsense guide provides students and self-learners with a clear and readable study of geometry's most important ideas. Tim Hill's distraction-free approach combines decades of tutoring experience with the proven methods of his Russian math teachers. The result: learn in a few days what conventional schools stretch into months.
- Teaches general principles that can be applied to a wide variety of problems.
- Avoids the mindless and excessive routine computations that characterize conventional textbooks.
- Treats geometry as a logically coherent discipline, not as a disjointed collection of techniques.
- Restores proofs to their proper place to remove doubt, convey insight, and encourage precise logical thinking.
- Omits digressions, excessive formalities, and repetitive exercises.
- Includes problems (with solutions) that extend your knowledge rather than merely reinforce it.
7. Geometry Cheat Sheet
About the Author
Tim Hill is a statistician living in Boulder, Colorado. He holds degrees in mathematics and statistics from Stanford University and the University of Colorado. Tim has written self-teaching guides for Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Precalculus, Advanced Precalculus, Permutations & Combinations, Mathematics of Money, and Excel Pivot Tables. When he's not crunching numbers, Tim climbs rocks, hikes canyons, and avoids malls.