I think which version of this you want depends on why you are reading it.
If you are a scholar, this might be your version. I assume it's close to the original. But the original is fragmented, and unclear, so if you just want to appreciate the story, this is NOT the edition you want.
Here's the opening paragraph:
"He who saw the deep, the country's foundation
[who] knew ... , was wise in all matters."
If you want to just read it, [who] and missing words "..." are just an annoyance. And it goes on like this.
If you are researching, the faithful representation may be a plus, if you just wanted to get familiar with the story, as I did, you'll want a different edition.
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd; 1 edition (30 January 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780140449198
- ISBN-13: 978-0140449198
- ASIN: 0140449191
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 1.8 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 240 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 43,604 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)