Would not be without it in the study of German. Working it cover-to-cover as well as the free exercises provided on the website; currently over halfway through. Was a “recommended” text in an introductory course I’m taking for fun (not for credit). (Former CPA, but English could have easily been a second major in terms of personal competence.) Learning German has been a delightful challenge and a very rewarding personal experience thus far.
That being said, photo attached from this book (p. 8) explains the necessity of this book best IMO.
Schools recommend this book but it’s an absolute “must-buy” (if not required), and if self-taught I especially recommend if using Duolingo solely in your study and looking for or needing more.
I would not be the least bit surprised if those in a formal program found this better than the textbook itself and at a fifth of the price.
This book is the foundation you need, the one you’re looking for.
- Paperback: 170 pages
- Publisher: Olivia & Hill Press,U.S.; 6 edition (18 September 2014)
- Language: English, German
- ISBN-10: 0934034435
- ISBN-13: 978-0934034432
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 0.6 x 22.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 200 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 11,780 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)