- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Engineering Statistics Hardcover – 20 June 2003
|New from||Used from|
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : John Wiley & Sons; 3rd Revised edition (20 June 2003)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 480 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0471448540
- ISBN-13 : 978-0471448549
- Dimensions : 20.95 x 2.34 x 25.95 cm
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
With a strong emphasis on the statistical techniques most often used in engineering practice, Montgomery, Runger, and Hubele s ENGINEERING STATISTICS , presents all the key material that engineers need to know in a concise framework. All major aspects of engineering statistics are covered including descriptive statistics, probability and probability distributions, statistical tests and confidence intervals for one and two samples, building regression models, designing and analyzing engineering experiments, and statistical process control.
Revised and enhanced, the Third Edition presents an even better integration of probability and statistics into the overall engineering problem–solving process, including discussion and illustration of retrospective studies, observational studies, and designed experiments.
Highlight of the Third Edition
- Presents expanded coverage of functions of random variables, transmission of error, and measurement systems capability analysis important topics for all engineers.
- Coverage of data display and analysis features expanded use of graphics, including multivariate plots.
- Thoroughly revised coverage of regression, with an increased emphasis on Minitab, eliminates the need for matrix algebra.
- All examples and exercises, including many new to this edition, are based on real–world applications of statistics in engineering. Many feature real data from published sources.
- Provides unusually thorough, yet concise, coverage of regression modeling, design of engineering experiments, and statistical process control.
- Minitab is well integrated into the text and used for many example solutions.
All data sets are available in electronic form.