Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Emergency Medicine: The Principles of Practice Paperback – 27 September 2013
Enhance your purchase
Emergency Medicine, 5th edition contains essential information and provides a quick reference tool for emergency physicians, hospital residents, paramedics, ambulance officers, nurses and general practitioners, as well as students of these disciplines.
- Coverage of important controversies with evidence based recommendations.
- Editor comments contained in relevant chapters to provide clinical tips and advice for practice.
- Increased coverage of topical issues such as deep vein thrombosis (economy class syndrome) and street drugs.
- Practical rapid reference appendix.
- Detailed glossary and index.
- The Quick Reference Guide is updated and included in this book. It is also made available as an app
- Updating all chapters – particularly toxicology, IT, Paediatrics
- New resuscitation guidelines – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation; External Automated Defibrillation in BLS; Compressions; Breathing; Airway; Unconsciousness; Priorities in an Emergency; Principles and Format for Developing Guidelines (all revised 12/2010 following ILCOR)
- More comprehensive content for Indigenous and Rural Emergencies chapter
- Moderate repetition arising from so many contributors
- The CT Brain and C spine Rules have been added to the Quick Reference Guide.
"The recent release of the sixth edition of Emergency Medicine: The Principles of Practice, is testimony to the enduring popularity of this compact reference text, which was first published 25 years ago under the editorship of Professor Gordian Fulde.
This multi-authored, comprehensive book presents the essential information of emergency medicine in an accessible and succinct format. All chapters are written by senior Australian physicians, which makes the content attractive and pertinent to the local context. The quick reference section at the front of the book is especially helpful for rapid diagnosis and treatment strategies.
I find that the printed text can be difficult to read comfortably in places due to poor colour contrast, and some of the CT images are indistinct and grainy. The dermatology chapter would be enhanced by colour illustrations of the skin diseases described.
These minor criticisms aside, the latest edition of this practical book will be used on a daily basis by emergency department staff. It is to be recommended to medical students and junior clinicians undertaking
training in emergency medicine, and also to more experienced clinicians who require access to the latest practice guidelines and management protocols."
Associate Professor John Dearin Head of Rural Clinical School
Notre Dame University School of Medicine
Published in April 2014 issue of Medicine Today
- Publisher : Churchill Livingstone; 6th edition (27 September 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1052 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0729541460
- ISBN-13 : 978-0729541466
- Dimensions : 13.34 x 3.81 x 19.05 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 388,044 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|