The text covers all aspects of computing use: computer-related work habits; web searching and surfing; email handling and etiquette; working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations; essential advice on typography, data management, security, privacy, and digital preservation; travelling; IT equipment; system administration; ergonomics; entertainment. Most professionals, even seasoned computer users, fail to use computing technology in its full potential. This short book provides specific advice that delivers immediate improvements in effectiveness and job performance.
Through this book's 200+ tips you will learn things such as the following.
- How can I finish a lengthy report on time?
- How can I automate the handling of my email?
- Why are email's blind carbon copies an invitation to a disaster?
- Which keyboard shortcuts can I use to speed-up my work?
- How can I simplify my spreadsheets?
- What makes an effective presentation?
- How can I ensure I’ll be able to access my files in twenty years?
- What should I pack before a trip?