With the burgeoning success of Kindle Fire and other on line retail book outlets, publishers and self publishers are scrambling to meet the demand for children's picture books. Will you rise to the challenge of meeting this overwhelming demand?
Whether you want to be published by a traditional publisher, or go it alone by self publishing, there's never been a better time to become a children's picture book author. But if you seriously want to stand out in this competitive market, you need the information in Robyn Opie Parnell's new book.
The Easy Way to Write Picture Books That Sell contains all the information an aspiring picture book writer needs to know - and then some. It's full of inspiring and motivational tips and step by step instructions that are easy and fun to follow.
This valuable reference book will show you:
* where to find great ideas
* how to develop your ideas
* important aspects to consider when working on your ideas
* what to consider when creating a plot for a picture book
* what make good plots in picture books
* the difference between internal and external conflict
* how to avoid confusing your young readers
* what subject matter works best in a picture book
* how to create believable characters
* how animals make great characters
* things to consider when naming characters
* the role of adults in picture books
* whether to include morals or lessons in picture books
* what to include in your text and what to omit
* the relationship between the words and illustrations
* the ideal number of pages in a picture book
* the ideal number of words in a picture book
* your target audience for a picture book
* how your picture book should look when submitted to a publisher
* why it's a good idea to submit to educational publishers
* tips to help you write and sell a GREAT picture book
* and tips on crucial questions to ask yourself during editing
Plus analyses of successful picture books. What makes them great from page one - and why they sell.
Robyn Opie Parnell has a fine reputation in the publishing industry for the quality of her work and her willingness to help writers at any stage in their career. In this book she draws on her experience and expertise to give you a complete guide to imagining and writing your own picture books - that will sell!
In The Easy Way to Write Picture Books That Sell you will be charmed by Robyn's giving nature and delighted by the wealth of knowledge she wants to share with you.
There's a common misconception that writing for children is easy. That perhaps anyone can do it. But it's only easy IF you know exactly what is required by picture book publishers. If you already have a picture book that you can't sell or is languishing at the bottom of the charts, it could you're missing something crucial - that 'little something extra' that is the secret behind successful children's picture books. Find out what that is by reading Robyn's new book!
Whether you want to write factual or fiction based picture books, Robyn explains why this is often seen as a 'difficult' market - whereas the reality is actually very different. Robyn also takes you on a methodical journey, from coming up with ideas (which, once you know how and where to look, are everywhere!), to creating lovable and enduring characters, to plotting using conflict and obstacles and credible resolutions that warm the heart. Then, she goes deeper into the writing process. How to use background and setting to best effect, what type of language to use, and how to use descriptions - and when NOT to use them!
You can save yourself years of study and effort - and rejection and disappointment - by reading Robyn's book and learning from her unique experience as a bestselling children's author.