Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Early Childhood Studies: Principles and Practice Paperback – 24 September 2008
Enhance your purchase
From the Back Cover
This brand new text offers an extremely comprehensive, accessible, yet rigorous introduction to the study of Early Childhood, making it an indispensable resource for early years students and professionals alike.
Knowledge and understanding of the subject are explored in a genuinely holistic way, giving consideration to a broad range of multidisciplinary aspects of early childhood including health, social, educational, psychological and sociological perspectives.
Key features of the text include:
- Reflective and practical tasks at three levels for students and existing professionals, linking theory to practice
- Cutting-edge national and international research
- Tools for Learning boxes in each chapter, developing a range of study skills throughout the book
- End of chapter summaries, key questions to consider and additional reading and website suggestions, supporting further understanding of issues
- Comprehensive glossary of key terms and list of abbreviations
Early Childhood Studies is essential reading for all those studying Early Childhood as well as early years practitioners, whatever their level of expertise or experience.
A companion website to accompany the book can be found at: www.pearsoned.co.uk/earlychildhoodstudies
Jane Johnston is a Reader in Education at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln.
Lindy Nahmad-Williams is a Senior Lecturer in Primary Education and Early Childhood Studies at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln.
- Publisher : Routledge (24 September 2008)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 476 pages
- ISBN-10 : 140583532X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1405835329
- Dimensions : 19.05 x 1.91 x 25.4 cm
- Customer Reviews: