- Product Dimensions: 76 x 38 x 36 cm ; 1.76 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 2 Kg
- Item Model Number: EC-20421010
- ASIN: B00AYWMQL0
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 7 December 2017
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
28,240 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- #152 in Travel Duffel Bags
Eagle Creek No Matter What Flashpoint Rolling Duffel L, Black (Black) - EC-20421010
|Price:||+ $39.24 Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- EXTERIOR. Bi-Tech fabric makes this duffel abrasion resistant and weatherproof, with a protective storm flap to shield gear in tough conditions. Tough webbing and strategic seam reinforcement in high stress areas with versatile carry options give this bag a high strength to weight ratio. For your security and peace of mind, exterior zippers are lockable.
- TREADED WHEELS. This wheeled duffel has oversized, heavy-duty, treaded wheels in a protective wheel housing and a durable kick plate for smooth mobility and maximum durability. Easily maneuvers through airports and hotels, as well as over unpaved, bumpy, or muddy surfaces.
- CONVENIENT. This luggage has a capacity of 105 liters, a front zipper pocket for quick stash items, and external compression straps for convenient packing. Adjustable and removeable shoulder straps, a no-slip center haul handle, and side grab handles ensure you can tackle any adventure.
- COLLAPSIBLE. When storing this duffel, just roll and stash, wheels and all, in stuff pouch. When you're not using it, this large bag compresses so you don't have to worry about it; great for college dorm rooms, camping, or road trips. Stuff sac is also a great place to stash dirty clothes, gear, or shoes, so everything else stays clean and dry.
- NO MATTER WHAT WARRANTY. This rolling duffel is covered by Eagle Creek's industry leading No Matter What Warranty, which includes the Lifetime Warranty guarantee and repair or replacement due to product failure during product lifetime, regardless of the cause.
- External compression straps stabilize internal cargo
Amazon Global Store
There is a newer style of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
- Durable. Abrasion resistant and weatherproof with a protective storm flap to shield gear in tough conditions and lockable exterior zippers.
- Sturdy Wheels. Oversized, heavy-duty, treaded wheels in a protective wheel housing and a durable kick plate for smooth mobility and maximum durability.
- Versatile. Capacity of 105 liters, a front zipper pocket for quick stash items, and external compression straps for convenient packing. Adjustable and removeable shoulder straps, a no-slip center haul handle, and side grab handles.
- Easy Storage. Just roll and stash, wheels and all, in stuff pouch. Stuff sac is also a great place to stash dirty clothes, gear, or shoes.
- Warranty. No Matter What Warranty includes the Lifetime Warranty promise and repair or replacement due to product failure during product lifetime, regardless of the cause.
Eagle Creek is a global tribe of travelers committed to preserving and protecting the places we live, work and travel. From community partnerships to sustainable materials and solutions designed to last a lifetime, we’re on a mission to unlock new ways to positively impact the cultures, environments and planet for future generations to discover. We've been around for more than 40 years and, from city parks to exotic destinations, we take pride in equipping you with versatile gear to take you beyond your fears and outside your comfort zone.
From the manufacturer
No Matter What
Constructed with abrasion resistant fabric with storm flap shields, this bag will last you through the rough and tough, rain or shine. Extra seam reinforcement in high-stress areas, hearty webbing, and durable materials will keep this duffel by your side for years to come.
Your Travel Companion
Clearly built for travel with tons of haul handles for an easy load and unload, lockable zippers to secure your things, and stuff pouch for compressed storage when the journey is through.
Water Repellent Technology
Constructed with water repellent Bi-Tech fabric, the No Matter What duffels were designed to withstand the elements. Caught in a monsoon? Or splashes from a boat ride abroad? Rest assured your belongings will remain protected and secure through it all.
|No Matter What Duffel, Small||No Matter What Duffel, Medium||No Matter What Duffel, Large||No Matter What Duffel, Extra Large||No Matter What Rolling Duffel, Large||No Matter What Rolling Duffel, Extra Large|
|Size||18 x 12 x 11 in | 46 x 30 x 28 cm||24 x 12 x 11 in | 61 x 30 x 28 cm||30 x 15 x 14 in | 76 x 38 x 36 cm||36 x 15 x 14 in | 91 x 38 x 36 cm||30 x 15 x 14 in | 76 x 38 x 36 cm||36 x 15 x 14 in | 91 x 38 x 36 cm|
|Volume||2380 cu in | 39 L||3600 cu in | 59 L||6700 cu in | 110 L||8100 cu in | 133 L||6400 cu in | 105 L||7800 cu in | 128 L|
|Weight||1 lb 9 oz | 0.7 kg||1 lb 14 | 0.85 kg||2 lbs 6 oz | 1.1 kg||2 lbs 12 oz | 1.25 kg||3 lbs 14 oz | 1.7 kg||4 lbs 3 oz | 1.9 kg|
|Other sizes available?||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I have purchased the following duffels for trial. Here is my review of these products. Lets see how the "Eagle Creek Travel Gear No Matter What Flashpoint Rolling Duffel L" compares to others..
"Eagle Creek Travel Gear No Matter What Flashpoint Rolling Duffel L"
This is an awesome bag at around $150. The material is call bi-tech material. This material is very different. In comparison, it has the thickness of a normal gym duffle which is about 1/3 the thickness of the nylon on suitcases. Besides the standard duffle thickness, it is coated with some sort of latex/rubber like layer. It makes the outside of the bag grippy. This I am sure will make it very waterproof. But it will not make the fabric any tougher. The construction is fantastic. The wheels are solid and is protected with a solid casing surround the wheels which protects it. The wheels spin well and rolls with ease. The seams and the straps are top notch. I say its worth the money. But is it more durable?
Other than that, this bag is very similar to the "High Sierra Wheel N Go Duffel - 30".
Its soft, easily packed away (can roll in to a small pouch). To roll the wheels nicely, you have to hold the bag more upright since this is a soft duffle with no hard backing or plastic/aluminum handles. The middle will droop, so if you at a slant, parts of the bag can touch the ground.
"Geoffrey Beene 30 Inch Drop Bottom Duffel Wheeler"
I purchased this bag because its suppose to be made of 600D Nylon. It is sure thicker than the "Eagle Creek Travel Gear No Matter What Flashpoint Rolling Duffel L". I would say its about 3/5 the thickness of a suitcase. About double the thickness of a standard gym duffle. There is an additional ultra thin layer of nylon making this bag double layer. It should be durable in terms of the fabric.
But the feel and the quality is not that nice. The wheel housing is not strongly bind to the bag. The seams seem to be not as strong. The hand carry handles are stitched to the corners of the bag, it is double stitched, but not like some other bags where you see a square stitch on the strap for extra confirmation of durability. It is around $70, so I guess it cheap out on the construction. The handle seems to be fine and should hold up. The drop bottom is totally dependent on the sipper as there aren't extra straps to secure the top to the bottom.
"Samsonite Luggage 30 Inch Ripstop Wheeled Duffel"
This bag is around $110. The material is by far the best! 840D nylon almost as thick as a suitcase, about 3 times the thickness of a gym duffel. This is as ballistic nylon as it comes.. when you put your hand through the fabric, it just feels like it will hold up forever. The over all construction is fantastic. Similar the eagle creek, the seams are nicely done, the feel is very good. I love the extra straps to secure the drop bottom. The handle slides out nicely and feels strong too.
Now the bad, the wheels are not fully housed, its partially expose. The wheels are thick and you can easily wiggle it with you hands with out much strength. I feel that the wheels are the weakest link of this bag. The other thing that I didn't like is the hand held handle on top of the bag. Instead of the standard one handle, it has 2 handles one on each side of the bag. So to carry it up through stairs or high traffic/tight spaces, you will have to use 2 hands which is just awkward.
"High Sierra Wheel N Go Duffel - 30"
This is about $50 and you can tell the fabric is the thinnest out of the bunch. It is made with the 600D Duralite fabraic that is about the thickness of a normal gym bag.
But the material does feel strong but thin and the weaving seems to be good (not coarse like the other bags). It is a smooth fabric so I hope that things slide off it easily and not causing any damange. Its also single layer, so waterproofing is a concern.
The good is that the seams are done well, its feels like a quality bag. The wheels are encased in a good housing and its attached very nicely to bag. The straps, stitching and zippers seems to be good and strong. This is also the lightest bag of the bunch. The strap handles are extra long allow it to be worn as a backpack, each side of the handle goes around a shoulder. There is also a shoulder strap like the eagle creek.
"Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 Messenger Bag"
This is not a duffle, but I wanted to add it here to compare the fabric. It's a ballistic nylon, which is the same thickness as the Eagle Creek, but the fabric is on par with the Samsonite.
Hope this helps some of the potential buyers; I will report back after some test on the trip. - see the image I have added
Unfortunately, since the bag has no structure sine it is meant to fit into a bag, it also has none when it comes to pulling it. The contents all shift to the bottom and it makes the bag unwieldy, flipping over and ending up on its back. Also, if you don't fill up the bag, it makes it more unstable. Also since it doesn't have a real handle, just a fabric one, it is also hard to pull behind you without crouching over. I finally had to attach a belt to the handle, so I didn't have bend over. Do yourself a favor and don't buy this. I would like to send it back for credit, but Amazon says i am 4 days too late.
Fabric, wheels, stitching, handles and zippers are all high quality material.
Fabric is water resistant and should provide good abrasive resistance.
Cost is reasonable for a wheeled duffle from Eagle Creek.
It is "no frills". Just one main compartment without dividers and small zippered external pouch, which is what I'm looking for.
In pictures, it looks like the bottom of this duffle is rigid. It is not. This has the advantage that it will roll into a small space and slip into the provided storage bag. But the disadvantage is if you don't pack if COMPLETELY full or put something rigid on the bottom of the bag, the bag will not stand on end and will "sag" when you try and drag it on the wheels.
I assumed "large" would be larger than it is. Dimensions match what is on the website, but it doesn't hold nearly as much as I thought it would. I would call the "large" more "medium" in size. It is a bit too big to carry on but too small to fit my ski boots, helmet, gear and extra clothing for a ski trip.
I am a tall guy so it is a little unstable when pulling by the handle. I need to rig up a handle extension, to let the handle hang closer to the ground while rolling. Something I could also use to attach this to another rolling bag and make a train.
Complaints about needing a sheet in the bottom of the bag were somewhat true. If you fill this bag with lots of stuff, and then crank on the compression straps, the bag should become solid and roll nicely. If you loosely put a sleeping bag in it and let it be all fluffy, it wont roll that well.
I just went on a trip and the bag weighed 49 lbs fully loaded. It is an awesome bag.