I really hate instalments of books masquerading as a series. Do authors actually think this will make me buy the next 'instalment'? I'm sorry but when you give me an incomplete story, you lose my trust as a reader and I discontinue our relationship. A story has a conflict and a resolution (either good or bad and sometimes somewhere in between, but it is dealt with by the end of the book). On top of that, a series has an overarching conflict and resolution. This was merely the first part of a story.
It wasn't a bad concept, but the main character was extremely judgemental about appearances which made her rather unlikeable. Also as a rape victim, her emotional responses were extremely inconsistent.
I listened to the audiobook version and the narrator is not very good with male voices which made it difficult at times to work out who was speaking.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 4520 KB
- Print Length: 234 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Trish Marie Dawson; 2 edition (6 January 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008S2RKAU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 675 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #8,932 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)