Save on auto-deliveries
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Dulcolax SP Drops - Constipation Relief - 2-way Action to Stimulate Bowels and Soften Stools - Dropper incl., 30ml
|Price:||$8.95 ($29.83 /100 ml)|
Enhance your purchase
|Age range (description)||Adult|
|Unit count||30 millilitre|
|Item weight||0.03 Kilograms|
|Ingredients||Each 1 mL (approximately 15 drops) contains 7.5mg sodium picosulphate|
About this item
- Dulcolax SP Drops provide predictable, overnight relief from constipation for children (4 years and up) and adults
- Two way action: Dulcolax SP Drops stimulate the bowel and help form soft stools for a comfortable bowel movement
- Dulcolax SP Drops are easy to swallow, colorless, tasteless and are formulated without sugar - they can be taken by itself or added to a glass of water, fruit juice or another drink
- Product includes dropper for easy administration
- Always read the label; Contains benzoates; Follow the directions for use; If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional
Buy it with
- Product Dimensions : 3.5 x 3.5 x 9 cm; 28 Grams
- Date First Available : 5 May 2019
- Manufacturer : Sanofi-aventis Healthcare Pty Ltd
- ASIN : B00AR6KKPM
- Country of origin : Italy
- Best Sellers Rank: 12,226 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
Dulcolax SP Drops provide dependable, overnight relief from constipation, so you can feel like yourself in the morning. The drops work with a two-way action to stimulate the bowel and help form soft stools. These drops contain active sodium Pico sulfate (7.5mg/mL) and are easy to swallow, simply drop liquid into a spoon or mix with water. Dulcolax SP Drops include a dropper for easy administration. Dulcolax SP drops contains sorbitol (maximum adult daily dose 6 g). Products containing sorbitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhea. Suitable for children, 4 years and up.
From the manufacturer
Why choose Dulcolax?
Predictable, overnight relief
Dulcolax Tablets and Dulcolax SP Drops provide effective relief of constipation.¹
Clinically proven constipation relief
Dulcolax Tablets and Dulcolax SP Drops stimulate the bowel and soften stools simultaneously for comfortable bowel movements.⁵⁻⁷
Suitable for the family
Dulcolax is available in a range of different formulas that are suitable for adults and children 4 years and up. Dulcolax use in children should only be under medical advice.
What are the symptoms?
- Hard or small stools
- Painful straining during bowel movements
- The sensation of feeling full, or bloated, even though you have finished a bowel movement
What causes constipation?
There are many different reasons why you could be constipated, but the most common causes include:
- A poorly balanced or low-fibre diet
- Insufficient fluid intake
- Not enough exercise
- Certain medications
- Change in routine
|Dulcolax Tablets¹||Dulcolax SP Drops²||Dulcolax Suppositories³||Dulcogas Sachets⁴||Dulcosoft|
|Format||Tablet||Oral Liquid||Suppository||Crystals||Powder for Oral Solution|
|On-set of action||6-12 hours||6-12 hours||20-45 mins||Fast-dissolving crystals||24-48 hours|
|Active ingredient||Bisacodyl||Sodium picosulfate||Bisacodyl||Simethicone||Macrogol 4000|
|Dosage||Adults and children over 10 years: Take one or two Dulcolax tablets at night. Children 6 to 10 years: Take one Dulcolax tablet at night.||Adults and children over 10 years of age: Initially 10 drops at night - increase up to 20 drops only if required. Children 4 to 10 years of age: 5 to 10 drops at night.||Adults and children over 10 years: One suppository.||Adults and children over 14 years: 1-2 sachets, 3 times/day (when necessary). Max 6 sachets/day. Children 6-14 years: 1 sachet, 3 times/day (when necessary). Max 3 sachets/day.||Adults and children over 8 years: Start by taking 1 sachet a day, then if needed increase to 2 sachets a day.|
|How to take||Swallow tablets whole with a glass of water.||Dulcolax SP Drops can be dripped onto a spoon and should then be taken immediately. Alternatively, Dulcolax SP Drops can be added to a glass of water. Drink the entire contents of the glass immediately.||Insert one suppository into the réctum as needed.||Dulcogas should be taken with or after meals and, if necessary, before going to bed. Place crystals on your tongue, allow to dissolve in saliva, then swallow.||Dissolve in a glass of water or fruit juice.|
|Suitable for||Predictable overnight relief||Adults and children 4-12 years||Fast relief||Fast relief from gas and bloating||Gentle relief of constipation|
|Indication||Relief from constipation||Relief from constipation||Relief from constipation||Relief from gas, bloating & flatulence||Relief from constipation and treatment of chronic constipation|
|Sizes||50 tablets, 80 tablets and 200 tablets||30ml||10 suppositories||18 sachets||10 sachets|
|Product warnings||Contains lactose and sucrose. Do not use in children under 6 years of age and only on medical advice for children over 6 years of age.||Do not use in children under 4 years of age, and use in children should only be under medical advice. Contains Sodium Benzoate.||Do not use in children under 10 years of age.||Do not take Dulcogas if you are allergic to simethicone or any of the ingredients listed on the product label. Do not use in children under 6 years of age.||Do not use in children under 8 years of age. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if your symptoms worsen or do not improve within 7 days of treatment.|
|Product warnings (continued)||Dulcolax is recommended for short-term use only. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.||Dulcolax is recommended for short-term use only. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.||Dulcolax is recommended for short-term use only. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.||Contains sorbitol (maximum adult daily dose 6g) Products containing sorbitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.||To be taken at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after other medications to avoid possibility of reducing the absorption of other medicines.|
- Dulcolax Tablets CMI (April 2018)
- Dulcolax SP Drops CMI (July 2017)
- Dulcolax Suppositories CMI (April 2018)
- Dulcogas Instructions for Use (June 2017)
- Ford et al. Gut 2011; 60(2):209-218.
- Kamm et al. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;9(7):577-583.
- Mueller-Lissner et al. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105(4):897-903.
When should I see a health professional?
Taking Dulcolax may carry some side effects but these are usually mild and short lived. They may include:
· Abdominal discomfort, pain or cramps
· Nausea or vomiting
· Anorectal discomfort
· Blood in stools
· Dehydration, dizziness or fainting
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist should you have any concerns about any of the side effects above or your symptoms persist.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|