Follow the Author
Drain the Defence Swamp: A Blueprint for Weapons Acquisition Reform - How to FIX every Product Development to be more Affordable, Producible and Problem-Free (Drain the Swamp Books) Kindle Edition
Have you ever wondered why defense weapons acquisition programs and product development consistently run way over time and overbudget and still deliver products that are not fit for use?
Drain the Defence Swamp examines the flawed product design methodology that virtually ensures these blowouts, especially when it comes to government projects.
In this brutal exposé, you will discover the shocking truth behind the political fudging and excuses and the reasons why the situation will not change without dramatic reform. Filled with specific examples from Australian defence projects, this book shines a spotlight on existing processes and outlines a proven method for change based on decades of experience with lean product development techniques.
- Why the Air Warfare Destroyer will be delivered to the Australian Defence forces 3 years later and cost twice as much as planned;
- How ineffective development processes benefit suppliers and are covered up by decision makers;
- What goes on behind the scenes of defence procurement meetings;
- The terrifying implications of 'alternate reality' thinking in weapons acquisition;
- How these outcomes could be changed (and why that is unlikely to happen).
- ASIN : B08KT2JLJN
- Publisher : Stewart Publishing (12 October 2020)
- Language : English
- File size : 490 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 234 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 363,925 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: