Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Django 3 By Example: Build powerful and reliable Python web applications from scratch, 3rd Edition Paperback – 31 March 2020
Enhance your purchase
Learn Django 3 with four end-to-end web projects
- Learn Django 3 by building real-world web applications from scratch in Python, using coding best practices
- Integrate other technologies into your application with clear, step-by-step explanations and comprehensive example code
- Implement advanced functionalities like a full-text search engine, a user activity stream, or a recommendation engine
- Add real-time features with Django Channels and WebSockets
If you want to learn the entire process of developing professional web applications with Python and Django, then this book is for you. In the process of building four professional Django projects, you will learn about Django 3 features, how to solve common web development problems, how to implement best practices, and how to successfully deploy your applications.
In this book, you will build a blog application, a social image bookmarking website, an online shop, and an e-learning platform. Step-by-step guidance will teach you how to integrate popular technologies, enhance your applications with AJAX, create RESTful APIs, and set up a production environment for your Django projects.
By the end of this book, you will have mastered Django 3 by building advanced web applications.
What you will learn
- Build real-world web applications
- Learn Django essentials, including models, views, ORM, templates, URLs, forms, and authentication
- Implement advanced features such as custom model fields, custom template tags, cache, middleware, localization, and more
- Create complex functionalities, such as AJAX interactions, social authentication, a full-text search engine, a payment system, a CMS, a RESTful API, and more
- Integrate other technologies, including Redis, Celery, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, and Channels, into your projects
- Deploy Django projects in production using NGINX, uWSGI, and Daphne
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Building a Blog Application
- Enhancing Your Blog with Advanced Features
- Extending Your Blog Application
- Building a Social Website
- Sharing Content on Your Website
- Tracking User Actions
- Building an Online Shop
- Managing Payments and Orders
- Extending Your Shop
- Building an E-Learning Platform
- Rendering and Caching Content
- Building an API
- Building a Chat Server
- Going Live
Frequently bought together
"I give Django 3 By Example - Third Edition a thumbs up, a great resource for Django beginners. From one author to another, Antonio Melé did a very good job with this book."--
Daniel Feldroy, co-author of Two Scoops of Django
About the Author
Antonio Melé is Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Nucoro, a London-based fintech company that provides a leading technology platform to build digital wealth management solutions. Antonio has been developing Django projects since 2006 for clients across several industries. In 2009, he founded Zenx IT, a development company specializing in building digital products. Antonio has worked as a CTO and technology consultant for multiple technology-based start-ups and managed development teams building projects for large digital businesses. Antonio holds an MSc. in computer science from Universidad Pontificia Comillas. His father inspired his passion for computers and programming.
- Publisher : Packt Publishing; 3rd edition (31 March 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 568 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1838981950
- ISBN-13 : 978-1838981952
- Dimensions : 19.05 x 3.25 x 23.5 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 159,257 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It has helped expand my knowledge of Django including a few specific things I had not come to terms with.
Top reviews from other countries