The book is notably shorter than its prior "The Corroded man". The writing is extremely monotone throughout the entire novel. It felt more as if the author were trying to achieve a wordcount limit than actually allowing the reader to become enveloped in the story. Sentences and paragraphs were extremely repetitive with each other. It was two pages apart and essentially I was reading the same thing over and over disguised in new formats of the same scene. (I did not even know that was plausible). Fight scenes were hard to follow as they were only described as steps of movement without the background being present. The overtone entirety of the novel was more "telling" rather than "showing". The book felt very step by step more than actual storytelling.
I would only recommend this if one is looking for SOME canonic filling gaps of information within the 15-year gap between the first and second game. The story mainly takes place parallel to Dishonored's second game timeline.
- Mass Market Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Titan Publishing Group; Media Tie In edition (27 March 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783293055
- ISBN-13: 978-1783293056
- Product Dimensions: 10.7 x 2.3 x 17.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 181 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 73,939 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)