This was set as a supplementary text for a MSc module on digital leadership. i found it surprisingly useful (sorry). there are some good strategy models - the platform business model and the customer network model stand out. the section on what is and is not "disruption" is really clear and non-hysterical, which is unusual, in my recent experience. everything is clearly referenced, which is handy. it's that most unusual of "business" books - one that does what it says it's going to do on the cover. great.
doesn't get a fifth star because the author repeatedly references his website, where we can find further details on how to use the models he introduces. i couldn't find them. sigh.
- Hardcover: 296 pages
- Publisher: Columbia University Press; 1 edition (15 February 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780231175449
- ISBN-13: 978-0231175449
- ASIN: 0231175442
- Product Dimensions: 16.3 x 2.8 x 23.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 522 g
- Customer Reviews: 168 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 48,496 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)