A very apt title because this book destroyed me.
This story broke my heart, mended it back together, then shattered it into tiny pieces.
Fox did a lot of horrible things, but you couldn't hate him because you understood he wasn't willingly choosing to do them. He wanted to protect Hazel, even from himself, but he couldn't stay away either.
Hazel could see the good in Fox and wanted to help him. She pushed him to overcome some of his fears. Even when he warned her of the consequences of trying to do so, she still risked getting hurt to try to save him.
My heart broke at the love between not only Hazel and Clara, but Fox and Clara too.
Beautiful and heartbreaking story with a wonderful ending.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1440 KB
- Print Length: 772 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Pepper Winters (6 March 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IUNAHZ2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 720 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #19,039 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)