Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Delta Blues Slide Guitar: A Complete Guide to Authentic Acoustic Blues Slide Guitar: Creative Concepts to Master the Language of Bebop Jazz-Blues Guitar Paperback – 23 July 2018
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
Capture the authentic sound of Delta Blues Slide Guitar
Delta Blues Slide Guitar is a complete guide to the techniques and music of “bottleneck” acoustic blues – a genre that can be traced back over 100 years to the Mississippi Delta. It’s where blues guitar was first heard over 60 years before Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton and others brought it to the masses.
This ground-breaking slide guitar book teaches the art of flawless Delta slide guitar technique through hundreds of exercises and three full-length songs that help you to master each skill in a musical, confident way.
You’ll learn guitar licks in the style of the Delta Blues slide pioneers, such as Robert Johnson, Son House, Bukka White and Tampa Red, and learn complete songs with performance notes and guidance.
You’ll also receive tips and insights on choosing the right slide, finding the best left-hand technique for you, and suggestions for recommended listening.
What you’ll learn:
- Master the two most common tunings of Delta Blues: Open D and Open G
- Perfect your slide fretting technique to develop a solid foundation and build great tone
- The secrets of great vibrato and how to use it to create expressive melodies
- Emotive slide guitar techniques for powerful solos
- Accurate pitching and intonation. Play slide guitar in tune – every time!
- The best scales to use for slide guitar soloing, presented in easy to read diagrams
- Hundreds of authentic slide guitar licks, tricks and approaches you won’t find anywhere else
Master Delta Blues Slide Guitar and Discover the Roots of Modern Blues
More than a guitar method, Delta Blues Slide Guitar not only gives you the skills to learn authentic Delta blues – it teaches you how to find your own musical voice and develop a unique, expressive approach. With these tools you’ll find the sounds that represent your personality and make the Delta Blues style personal to you.
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step guide that starts simple and adds layers of complexity
- Dozens of exercises and guitar techniques you can use immediately
- Three authentic Delta Blues performance pieces with detailed playing guides
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for FREE
Delta Blues Slide Guitar contains over 100 supporting audio examples, so you can hear exactly how each one should sound.
Buy it now to master the iconic sound of the Mississippi Delta blues!
Whether you want to accompany your voice, develop your slide guitar soloing, or write music in the authentic Delta style, Delta Blues Side Guitar is the most comprehensive guide to the roots of blues guitar available.
Frequently bought together
- Publisher : www.fundamental-changes.com (23 July 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 102 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1789330149
- ISBN-13 : 978-1789330144
- Dimensions : 21.59 x 0.58 x 27.94 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 105,796 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
I’ve quickly learned a few licks and progressions that have given me a basic foundation to build on. I’m still working through the book as it gets increasingly more technical as you go through. I’m hoping that by the time I get to the end I’m going to be able to jam along with other musicians and enjoy some delta blues of my own making. Cheers!
The book is well structured and is fun and easy to work with form start to finish. The exercises are excellent, ranging from very easy to quite difficult,the corresponding audio files were easy to down load. Without the audio files some exercises would be very hard to do. It did inspire me to explore more and I will.
I would highly recommend it.