I have to be honest comedian books are usually a hit or a miss and lately, there have been a lot of misses. I can happily say Dear Girls is a big hit! Ali Wong is a great writer and her voice shined through the book. Dear Girls is a series of letters to her daughters. I would like to pickup the Audible version as well, because actually hearing her deliver it would be even better. Yes, it was raunchy and inappropriate quite often, but also absolutely hilarious! To my surprise, there was also a lot of really good heartfelt advice to her girls. I laughed a lot, almost lost my lunch (the part about the snake…) and even shed a tear with how protective and sweet she is about her girls. The parts about motherhood were so incredibly spot on! The only thing I didn’t like was that the ending was so abrupt and I would have loved to have her give an afterword. Instead, her husband did and it was about his life, and I don’t think it really added much value to the story. All of that being said, I have to say this is still one of the most impressive comedian memoirs I’ve read and I would highly recommend it.
* ARC provided by NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Viking; 1 edition (15 October 2019)
- ISBN-10: 1760895199
- ISBN-13: 978-1760895198
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 1.8 x 23.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 322 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,627 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)