I thought this work would promote and illustrate pre-settlement aboriginal achievements in a positive cascade of historical development and recognition of what they had pre-settlement. It refers to explorers and early settlers journals and apparently draws on them heavily. I enjoyed reading it from agriculture to buildings; but found the underlying hate and toxic side comments undermined a positive promotion of aboriginal achievements. The consistent message of hate towards settlement and it's impact detracts from the book in so many ways. In the end I was diss-appointed and put off.
This should have been written so much better with clearer detailed, specific references and excerpts to capture and encourage more interest and real appreciation of what has possibly been lost.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 5 hours and 36 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Bolinda Publishing Pty Ltd
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 10 January 2017
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B01N0Z730E
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 35 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)