I have an Osmo Mobile 2 which worked well for what I used it for, although the big issue with it was that you were unable to (easily) use an external microphone (in my case a Shure MV88). I had to fashion a solution with a lightning cable extension, cable ties and hockey tape.
My main reason for purchasing the Mobile 3 was that it now looks possible to mount the microphone direct. I can confirm that this is the case and it works well. See photo.
Amongst other improvements are the ability to switch from portrait to landscape mode with the touch of a button (good for the tik tok generation), better tracking of objects and foldable construction making it easier to pocket.
From what I’ve seen so far there is much more movement available and I’m not hitting the extremities of the gimbals movement range as soon as I was with the Mobile 2.
For $119; it’s a no brainier upgrade from the Mobile 2
- Product Dimensions: 16.2 x 6.2 x 17.9 cm ; 404 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 572 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
- Item Model Number: CP.OS.00000022.01
- ASIN: B07RHJ7LWH
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 21 August 2019
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
- #8 in Tripod Accessories