This is a very good book that gives overviews of many cryptids from around the world....HOWEVER it also spends MUCH of its time on prominent Cryptozoologists. Sometimes even more than it does on the cryptids.
Also some of the entries are now out of date and give information we now know was either hoaxed or just plain WRONG.
A prime example would be the Menehune. It lists this as a sort of island locked cousin to the Bigfoot. We now know that Menehune means "Low in Status" and NOT "Short in stature" like it used to be thought. The Menehune were in fact the original population, and work force of Hawaii. We have their artifacts and other evidence of them. There is a Menehune MUSEUM on Kauai.
The book is good and is still a good edition to your Cryptozoology library, but cross research on its entries is a good idea because as I said before, it is showing its age.
- Paperback: 270 pages
- Publisher: FIRESIDE; 1 edition (15 September 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0684856026
- ISBN-13: 978-0684856025
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 1.8 x 23.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 318 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 24,827 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)