|Color||Exclusive Color: Honey|
Le Creuset Signature Round Dutch Oven LS2501-285HSS, 7.25 qt, Exclusive Color: Honey
Enhance your purchase
|Colour||Exclusive Color: Honey|
About this item
- Only at Sur La Table: Le Creuset’s iconic cast iron French ovens in our exclusive new color, Indigo
- Perfect for slow cooking, simmering soups and stews, and baking everything from side dishes to artisan bread, Le Creuset’s versatility and superior cooking performance make this cookware you will use every day
- Our exclusive Indigo Signature collection features Le Creuset’s classic construction paired with the newest innovations in design and performance
- New features include an upgraded enamel interior that is more durable and stain-resistant, and promotes the easy release of food
- The handles are now 45% larger to allow you to easily transport the pot from stovetop to oven to table—even while wearing oven mitts
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Only at Sur La Table: Le Creuset’s iconic cast iron French ovens in our exclusive new color, Indigo. Perfect for slow cooking, simmering soups and stews, and baking everything from side dishes to artisan bread, Le Creuset’s versatility and superior cooking performance make this cookware you will use every day. Our exclusive Indigo Signature collection features Le Creuset’s classic construction paired with the newest innovations in design and performance. New features include an upgraded enamel interior that is more durable and stain-resistant, and promotes the easy release of food. The handles are now 45% larger to allow you to easily transport the pot from stovetop to oven to table—even while wearing oven mitts. A new slip-resistant composite knob is oversized for easy handling, and oven safe to 480°F for added durability. Finally, Le Creuset has re-engineered the lid to make sure it stays securely in place and locks in more flavors and cooking aromas. Made in France.
From the manufacturer
About Le Creuset
Since 1925, Le Creuset cast iron has been recognized for its strength and durability. Cast individually in sand molds, then hand-inspected by French artisans, each piece represents a rich heritage and continues a tradition of lasting, authentic design.
- Le Creuset is focused on inspiring and empowering people everywhere to make joy through cooking. From our original enameled cast iron cookware to stoneware, stainless, silicone and more
- Le Creuset has grown to offer products across a range of materials and categories that guarantees the right tool for the right job
Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron Round Dutch Ovens
The iconic Le Creuset Dutch oven is indispensable in the kitchens of home cooks and professional chefs alike. Long recognized for its strength and durability, cast iron is the prime material for slow-cooking, braising and roasting, thanks to its ability to maintain even and consistent heat. The enameled Dutch oven needs no seasoning, and it’s suitable for both stove-top and oven use.
- Enameled cast iron delivers superior heat distribution and retention
- Ready to use, requires no seasoning
- Easy-to-clean and durable enamel resists dulling, staining, chipping and cracking
- Light colored smooth interior enamel allows easy monitoring of cooking progress
- Tight-fitting lids are specially designed to circulate steam and return moisture back to the food
- Ergonomic knobs and handles are designed for easy lifting
- Lightest weight cast iron by quart on the market. Safe for dishwasher and metal utensils
- Compatible with all cooktops and oven-safe up to 500°F
Cooking with cast iron
Enameled cast iron is a remarkable and robust material that performs well with modern requirements for food preparation and cooking. Whether you choose to stir-fry, slow-cook a casserole, sear a steak or bake a cake, there is a shape that is suitable. Cast iron performs well for either slow cooking or high-temperature searing.
Cast iron can be used reliably on any heat source, including induction, and with any oven or grill. It has the ability to retain heat efficiently, which allows for use of lower heat settings in stove-top and oven cooking. On the table, a hot covered dish will keep food hot for second servings.
Cast iron can also be used to keep foods cold. A chilled dish becomes an ideal cold food server on a hot summer day. It can also be placed in the freezer for food storage or advanced food preparation.
Le Creuset cast iron cookware can be used on all heat sources including gas, electric solid plate or radiant ring, vitro-ceramic glass, induction, and ovens fired by gas, oil, coal or wood. When using any glass-topped stove, always lift the pan when moving it; never slide it, as this may damage the stove-top or the base of the pan.
Always match the pan’s base size to the stove-top heat zone to maximize efficiency, and to prevent overheating of the pan sides or damage to the handles.
Gas flames must always be confined to the base area, and must never extend around the sidewalls of the pan. Long handles should be positioned safely where they do not hang over the front of the stove or other heat zones.
Cleaning and Care
Always cool a hot pan for a few minutes before washing.
Do not plunge a hot pan into cold water. While Le Creuset’s enamel is designed to be the most durable on the market, thermal shock may still occur, resulting in cracking or loss of enamel.
If there are food residues, fill the pan with warm water and let soak for 15 to 20 minutes before washing. A brush can be useful for removing small food deposits, or for cleaning between the ribs on grills. Do not use scourers or abrasive cleaners on the cooking surface. Nylon or soft abrasive pads or brushes can be used to remove stubborn residues.
To avoid damaging the enamel, do not use metallic pads or harsh abrasive cleaning agents.
Light stains or metal marks caused by metal tools can be removed with Le Creuset cookware cleaner. An occasional cleaning with this product will also retain the new appearance of your pans.
Never store pans while they are still damp. Store pans in a dry cupboard or airy space away from steam.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Canada on 4 May 2021