Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Creative Sound Blaster Play! 3 USB DAC Amp and Sound Card,70SB173000000
|Price:||+ $8.40 Delivery|
- Instantly Upgrade to High Resolution Audio- Upgrade your existing on-board sound to a USB DAC capable of 24-bit 96khz playback instantly
- Studio-Grade Listening- Compatible with all analog headsets, from standard mobile phone earbuds to gaming and studio-grade headphones
- Crisp Voice Communications and Recording- USB Connectivity greatly improves mic recording capabilities, giving you clean 24-bit 48kHZ quality for podcasts or in-game communications
- Simple, Fuss Free, Plug and Play- Works straight out of the box, compatible with MAC and PC
- Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 Control Panel- Control Panel software provides powerful control over your listening experience with audio realism and immersive audio effects
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms and are sold from abroad and may differ from local products including fit, age rating, and language of product, labeling, or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Crisp Voice Communications and Recording
USB Connectivity greatly improves mic recording capabilities, giving you clean 24-bit 48kHZ quality for podcasts or in-game communications.
The Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 is a USB DAC and Amp that provides an instant audio upgrade from motherboard audio. It works with PC and Mac, and houses a powerful amplifier that will drive a whole range of headphones, from basic mobile phone earbuds to gaming and studio-grade headphones. The downloadable Sound Blaster Control Panel Software offers tremendous audio realism and immersive audio effects, and also comes with optimized profiles for selected earphone brands.
- 1 x Sound Blaster PLAY! 3
- Warranty & Technical Support leaflet
- Quick Start Guide
The Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 drives a wide range of headphones — from mobile phone earbuds and gaming headsets all the way to more expensive studio-grade headphones. The downloadable Control Panel software also includes optimized profiles for selected earphone brands.
Instantly Upgrade to High Resolution Audio
Once you upgrade from motherboard audio, you'll never go back to it again. The Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 provides such an upgrade, by giving you high resolution 24-bit 96kHz audio for your music, movies, and games.
Convenient Headphone Connectivity
The Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 lets you connect your headsets with single or split stereo/mic connectors easily, removing the need for a Y-splitter cable.
Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 Control Panel (PC and Mac)
The downloadable Sound Blaster PLAY! 3 Control Panel software provides powerful control over your listening experience with audio realism and immersive audio effects that enhance your music, entertainment and games.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
4 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
By default, this card has microphone monitoring/sidechannel. That means that if you use a headset with this sound card, you'll hear the microphone input. This feature is very useful if you use close-back headsets. However, this also results in a low hiss that is audible at all volume levels.
Without sidechannel, the sound card will still hiss if you have very low impedance headphones. I only found the hiss noticeable with the volume slider on my headset set to 90-100%.
To turn off microphone monitoring/sidechannel:
1. Install the Sound Blaster software that comes with the sound card
2. In the Sound Blaster Play! 3 Control Panel, go to the [Mixer] tab.
3. Under Playback -> Speakers -> Monitoring -> Microphone, either move the slider to 0, or click the mute button on the right of the volume slider.
So apparently you have to download the Sound Blaster 3 software from Creative in order to shut off a bunch of "enhancements" they set to the ON position right out of the box, thus producing garbage sound. Now that everything is turned off, I can honestly say that despite the slight HISS that comes and goes on this device (I unplug and plug it back it and that usually solves it), this device has a loud, clean, warm sound. The high frequencies are a tiny bit harsh for my personal tastes, but overall a 4 star effort (after a lot of effort)
So lets just be honest @ 2 channels 24 bit 96hz does it sound as good my original sound card? No... But I didnt expect it to at this cost. Surprisingly for the price its truly a very good value. Nice clear highs, full mids, and deep bass. I am personally not experiencing any hiss, bleed over, distortion, or issues with the mic (software updates maybe?). It does just plug in and work on windows 10 pro. But I also agree with other reviews to first download the software and adjust to your preferences. And also agree the software interface could use some updates and simplifications. But i am very pleased overall with this product and especially at this price. Recommended!