Giving up at 61%.
I like the story line but the author hasn’t managed to make me feel anything for the characters - apart from dog. I felt like I understood her better than any of the humans. Everything seems ‘wishy washy’ and not enough emotion.
I’m also a stickler for particulars. E.g. it’s after 3:30 pm in the local diner & apparently that’s the middle of lunch service. Also, the h’s divorce is such a scandal. Really? In this day and age? Maybe because it’s a small town, I guess. I don’t care. This book feels like it was written by a teenager. Sorry.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1346 KB
- Print Length: 159 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Tule Publishing Group; 2 edition (13 August 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00MQ20P28
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 296 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #189,292 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)