This is a book for everyone who writes or approves copy: copywriters, account executives, creative directors, freelance writers, advertising managers...even entrepreneurs and brand managers. It reveals dozens of copywriting techniques that can help you write ads, commercials, and direct mail that are clear, persuasive, and get more attention - and sell more products. Among the tips revealed are:
- Eight headlines that work-and how to use them
- 11 ways to make your copy more readable
- 15 ways to open a sales letter
- The nine characteristics of successful print ads
- How to build a successful freelance copywriting practice
- 15 techniques to ensure your e-mail marketing message is opened
This thoroughly revised third edition includes all new essential information for mastering copywriting in the Internet era, including advice on Web- and email-based copywriting, multimedia presentations, and Internet research and source documentation, as well as updated resources. Now more indispensable than ever, The Copywriter's Handbook remains the ultimate guide for people who write or work with copy.