I go to occupational therapy every two weeks following elbow and hand surgery, so I purchased this product to test my strength as I do exercises between OT sessions. I am very disappointed because it is wildly inaccurate. The $300+ dynamometer I use in my OT sessions shows my average strength as 30kg in my affected left hand and 54kg in my unaffected right hand... This device shows 10kg and 21kg, respectively, which would be the strength of a 12 year old child.
Cheap junk - you get what you pay for.
Constant is the new online brand owned by Scale Manufacturer Camry. This Constant digital hand dynamometer is engineered as a professional training device for hand grip strengths suitable for any doctor's office, physical therapy clinic, engineering lab, or the gym.
-Adjustable center knob allows the device to be adjusted for different hand sizes and preferences.
-19 definable users with options for gender and age to store, along with the ability to save and recall test results for each user.
Compares individual test run for each of the 19 users, and displays the incremental increase, or decrease from the last record.
Each test run is rated "weak", "normal", or "strong" based on age and gender data entered for each user.
-Easy switch from lbs. to kg. at any time, including for last recorded data.
How to Use
1. Remove the isolation tag from the battery case;
2. Press (ON/SET) button to turns on;
3. The middle two buttons (ARROWS up/down) allow you to select a different user. Then press (ON/SET) button to cycle between gender and age of the selected user, and edit the values using the arrows.
4. When you are ready you can hit the (START) button to test your hand grip.
5. Now if you press (ON/SET) button, it converts between LB / KG.
6. While squeezing, it shows the amount of force you are currently squeezing, as soon as you let go it shows you the max/peak of what you squeezed.
7. Press the (ARROW down) button if you want to save the result, or hit (START) button to retest.
8. After you test your grip, and the max result is displayed, if you wait 6 seconds it will then tell you how many lbs/kgs more/less you've done in comparison to your saved result.